People often use the term Web designing and Web development interchangeably. As a matter of fact, the terms are considered as same by several experts in the industry also. But in reality, there is the difference between the two terms as well as the experts who are related to the trade. Analysing the points of difference is important for a better understanding of the entire concept.
- In simple terms, Web Designer is a Creative Expert while Web Developer is a technical expert. Web designers can understand the requirements of the clients of a website and thus design the same and make it as attractive and impressive as possible using the tools and related software. Web developer, on the other hand, will deal with the more complex coding required for the website.
- A web designer should be the best option for a start-up company or for the redesigning of an existing website. While the web developer should be an ideal choice for the e-commerce solution, integration with applications, or some kind of database.
- Both the terms have flip sides. Web designers, in reality, are not aware of the MINE types, Base 64 Coding, SOAP requests or SQL. While on the other hand, most of the developers do not know a thing about the designing part.
- Web designers should be aware of the Design principles to design the website and make it as appealing as possible using the correct color, font, and background. They have to create the usability of the site. On the other hand, the developer has to convert the Static website into a Dynamic one using the codes, links, buttons, and several other interactive parts.
- Small and medium-sized companies are often unable to afford the salaries of both the designers and the developers. Hence they work out a plan which is in favor of them. The designer working in the company can design the website and for the effective layout and coding, the developers’ service is outsourced. This is the normal trend which is being followed in the industry commonly.
The common trends in the market in the field of business are ever-changing and the need to have a web address is a potential one. The websites should be functional and usable enough to garner the expected results and the coding should be right so that the functionality if optimum/ hence both the web developer and the web designer are important and have their own areas of expertise through the terms are used interchanged.